Three farmers commit suicide in Andhra Pradesh
Karimnagar (AP): Three cotton farmers from Karimnagar district of Andhra Pradesh allegedly committed suicide owing to indebtedness and crop failure, police said on Thursday.
Bhimuni Kanakaiah (44), a cotton-grower from Suraiahpalli village killed himself by consuming pesticide in his field yesterday, they said, adding the deceased had borrowed a loan of Rs 2 lakh but failed to repay it as the crop failed due to deficient rains.
A case has been registered under Manthani police station limits.
In another incident, Burra Ramesh Goud (27) took the extreme step by consuming pesticide on similar grounds at his house in Kamanpur block yesterday, police said.
Another cotton farmer S Yadagiri (47) from Manikyapur village hang himself to a tree at his field yesterday, police said, adding he had incurred huge debts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug