Three farmers commit suicide in Andhra Pradesh
Karimnagar (AP): Three cotton farmers from Karimnagar district of Andhra Pradesh allegedly committed suicide owing to indebtedness and crop failure, police said on Thursday.
Bhimuni Kanakaiah (44), a cotton-grower from Suraiahpalli village killed himself by consuming pesticide in his field yesterday, they said, adding the deceased had borrowed a loan of Rs 2 lakh but failed to repay it as the crop failed due to deficient rains.
A case has been registered under Manthani police station limits.
In another incident, Burra Ramesh Goud (27) took the extreme step by consuming pesticide on similar grounds at his house in Kamanpur block yesterday, police said.
Another cotton farmer S Yadagiri (47) from Manikyapur village hang himself to a tree at his field yesterday, police said, adding he had incurred huge debts.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents