Three farmers commit suicide in Andhra Pradesh
Karimnagar (AP): Three cotton farmers from Karimnagar district of Andhra Pradesh allegedly committed suicide owing to indebtedness and crop failure, police said on Thursday.
Bhimuni Kanakaiah (44), a cotton-grower from Suraiahpalli village killed himself by consuming pesticide in his field yesterday, they said, adding the deceased had borrowed a loan of Rs 2 lakh but failed to repay it as the crop failed due to deficient rains.
A case has been registered under Manthani police station limits.
In another incident, Burra Ramesh Goud (27) took the extreme step by consuming pesticide on similar grounds at his house in Kamanpur block yesterday, police said.
Another cotton farmer S Yadagiri (47) from Manikyapur village hang himself to a tree at his field yesterday, police said, adding he had incurred huge debts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday