Three held for cheating banks of over Rs one crore
Hyderabad: City police on Sunday nabbed three
persons for allegedly cheating various banks to the tune of Rs
1.07 crore by floating fictitious software firms.
The three accused allegedly floated fictitious software
firms, created fake salary base, obtained PAN and credit cards
and managed to secure loans to the tune of Rs 1.07 crore by
using them as identities, police said.
"They created fake employee base by obtaining various
photographs, created appointment letters, opened salary
accounts, deposited salaries. With the bank statements, salary
ID proofs, they also obtained PAN cards, credit cards in the
name of employees.
"They utilized the credit cards for various purchases and
also obtained personal loans, vehicle loans from as many as 18
nationalized and other banks to the tune of Rs 1.07 crore,"
The three persons were apprehended by the policemen on
the basis of a tip-off.
Two cars, about 14 tolas gold ornaments, three two
wheelers, 150 cheque books, 120 fake and
forged identity cards, 29 bank account pass books, 170 debit
and credit cards, 75 PAN cards, eight voter ID cards, 21
mobile phones, six computers, one television, valuable
furniture and net cash of Rs 3,06,000 were seized from them,
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!