Three held for cheating banks of over Rs one crore
Hyderabad: City police on Sunday nabbed three
persons for allegedly cheating various banks to the tune of Rs
1.07 crore by floating fictitious software firms.
The three accused allegedly floated fictitious software
firms, created fake salary base, obtained PAN and credit cards
and managed to secure loans to the tune of Rs 1.07 crore by
using them as identities, police said.
"They created fake employee base by obtaining various
photographs, created appointment letters, opened salary
accounts, deposited salaries. With the bank statements, salary
ID proofs, they also obtained PAN cards, credit cards in the
name of employees.
"They utilized the credit cards for various purchases and
also obtained personal loans, vehicle loans from as many as 18
nationalized and other banks to the tune of Rs 1.07 crore,"
The three persons were apprehended by the policemen on
the basis of a tip-off.
Two cars, about 14 tolas gold ornaments, three two
wheelers, 150 cheque books, 120 fake and
forged identity cards, 29 bank account pass books, 170 debit
and credit cards, 75 PAN cards, eight voter ID cards, 21
mobile phones, six computers, one television, valuable
furniture and net cash of Rs 3,06,000 were seized from them,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!