Three hurt in minor explosion at Aurobindo Pharma plant in AP
Srikakulam: Three contract workers were injured in a minor blast at Aurobindo Pharma unit at Pydibheemavaram near here in Andhra Pradesh on Friday, police said.
The mishap occurred in the morning hours when a boiler attached to a transformer in the plant caught fire, apparently due to short circuit, causing the explosion, they said.
The injured were identified as Ashok, Vijay and Srikanth who all are employed by a private contractor.
They were rushed to a corporate hospital at Visakhapatnam and are out of danger.
Workers blamed the management for not taking adequate measures for the safety of workers.
Repeated efforts to contact Aurobindo officials did not yield any results.
A case is registered in this regard and investigation is on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur