Three hurt in minor explosion at Aurobindo Pharma plant in AP
Srikakulam: Three contract workers were injured in a minor blast at Aurobindo Pharma unit at Pydibheemavaram near here in Andhra Pradesh on Friday, police said.
The mishap occurred in the morning hours when a boiler attached to a transformer in the plant caught fire, apparently due to short circuit, causing the explosion, they said.
The injured were identified as Ashok, Vijay and Srikanth who all are employed by a private contractor.
They were rushed to a corporate hospital at Visakhapatnam and are out of danger.
Workers blamed the management for not taking adequate measures for the safety of workers.
Repeated efforts to contact Aurobindo officials did not yield any results.
A case is registered in this regard and investigation is on, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!