Three killed in flood at AP`s East Godavari district
Rajahmundry(AP): Three persons were killed and property and crops worth several crores damaged due to recent flood in Godavari river in Andhra Pradesh`s East Godavari district, a senior official said on Thursday.
While three persons were killed in the deluge, 1,85,809 people from 104 villages were affected by the floods, District Collector Neetu Prasad said here.
Property and crops worth Rs 115.20 crore were damaged due to floods, she said.
Several houses were damaged in the flood affected areas and enumeration process has begun at the places where water level has receded.
Besides, 28,829 people were shifted in 44 relief camps in the district, Prasad said, adding that a sizable number of irrigation sources, roads and protected drinking water sources were also damaged in the floods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read