Three killed in flood at AP`s East Godavari district
Rajahmundry(AP): Three persons were killed and property and crops worth several crores damaged due to recent flood in Godavari river in Andhra Pradesh`s East Godavari district, a senior official said on Thursday.
While three persons were killed in the deluge, 1,85,809 people from 104 villages were affected by the floods, District Collector Neetu Prasad said here.
Property and crops worth Rs 115.20 crore were damaged due to floods, she said.
Several houses were damaged in the flood affected areas and enumeration process has begun at the places where water level has receded.
Besides, 28,829 people were shifted in 44 relief camps in the district, Prasad said, adding that a sizable number of irrigation sources, roads and protected drinking water sources were also damaged in the floods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie