Three killed in flood at AP`s East Godavari district
Rajahmundry(AP): Three persons were killed and property and crops worth several crores damaged due to recent flood in Godavari river in Andhra Pradesh`s East Godavari district, a senior official said on Thursday.
While three persons were killed in the deluge, 1,85,809 people from 104 villages were affected by the floods, District Collector Neetu Prasad said here.
Property and crops worth Rs 115.20 crore were damaged due to floods, she said.
Several houses were damaged in the flood affected areas and enumeration process has begun at the places where water level has receded.
Besides, 28,829 people were shifted in 44 relief camps in the district, Prasad said, adding that a sizable number of irrigation sources, roads and protected drinking water sources were also damaged in the floods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head