Three killed, three injured in AP road mishap
Rajahmundry: Three persons were on Friday killed and as many injured when their autorickshaw collided with a stationary lorry in Andhra Pradesh`s West Godavari district, police said.
The mishap occurred at Jangareddy Gudem bypass road near Buttayagudem in West Godavari district when the driver of the autorickshaw, in which six persons were travelling, lost control of the vehicle hit a stationary lorry.
The ill-fated vehicle was heading to Kakinada in East Godavari district from Sathupalli in Khammam district.
Three persons died on the spot while three others injured were admitted to the Kakinada Government General hospital.
The bodies were sent for postmortem.
A case has been registered and further investigation is on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Athlete Dutee Chand qualifies for Rio Olympics in 100m sprint
- Enthusiasm in social networking may earn you a job: ASSOCHAM report
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- Raghuram Rajan is no less patriotic, he loves India, says PM Narendra Modi
- Gold price gets a leg-up from global leads, jewellers' buying
- Referendum: An agent of direct democracy or a political tool?
- Pak looks for lobbyist in US after recent diplomatic disasters
- Copa America Final: Messi `the best player of all time`, believes Chile manager Juan Antonio Pizzi