Three minor girls raped at brick kiln in Andhra`s Karimnagar
Karimnagar: Three minor girls were allegedly raped by a 40-year-old owner of a brick kiln at Choppadandi near here in Andhra Pradesh, police said on Sunday.
"Lingampally Kishan (40), proprietor of the brick manufacturing unit at Choppadandi, had engaged labourers from Odisha at the unit. He used to sexually assault the victims- all in the age group of 13-15 years- frequently," said Peddapalli DSP P Venugopal Rao.
He said the parents of the victims knew about the ordeal but were silenced by the accused.
The parents of the girls narrated the incident to a local NGO who in turn approached police, following which a case under section 376 of IPC has been registered against Kishan who is on the run.
The girls were sent to Karimnagar district hospital for medical examination, the DSP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed