Three minor girls raped at brick kiln in Andhra`s Karimnagar
Karimnagar: Three minor girls were allegedly raped by a 40-year-old owner of a brick kiln at Choppadandi near here in Andhra Pradesh, police said on Sunday.
"Lingampally Kishan (40), proprietor of the brick manufacturing unit at Choppadandi, had engaged labourers from Odisha at the unit. He used to sexually assault the victims- all in the age group of 13-15 years- frequently," said Peddapalli DSP P Venugopal Rao.
He said the parents of the victims knew about the ordeal but were silenced by the accused.
The parents of the girls narrated the incident to a local NGO who in turn approached police, following which a case under section 376 of IPC has been registered against Kishan who is on the run.
The girls were sent to Karimnagar district hospital for medical examination, the DSP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation