Three minor girls raped at brick kiln in Andhra`s Karimnagar
Karimnagar: Three minor girls were allegedly raped by a 40-year-old owner of a brick kiln at Choppadandi near here in Andhra Pradesh, police said on Sunday.
"Lingampally Kishan (40), proprietor of the brick manufacturing unit at Choppadandi, had engaged labourers from Odisha at the unit. He used to sexually assault the victims- all in the age group of 13-15 years- frequently," said Peddapalli DSP P Venugopal Rao.
He said the parents of the victims knew about the ordeal but were silenced by the accused.
The parents of the girls narrated the incident to a local NGO who in turn approached police, following which a case under section 376 of IPC has been registered against Kishan who is on the run.
The girls were sent to Karimnagar district hospital for medical examination, the DSP added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...