Three more arrested in MLA Owaisi attack case
Hyderabad: The Central Crime Station (CCS)
on Thursday arrested three more persons for their alleged role in
attacking the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) legislator
Akbaruddin Owaisi, taking the total number of arrests made in
the case to 11, police said.
The three arrested include Afif Bin Younus, Saif Bin
Yafai and Wahlan. CCS Deputy Commissioner of Police J
Satyanarayana told this to agency.
Akbaruddin was attacked by a group of ten assailants with
sharp weapons and firearms near the MIM office at Barkas here
on April 30. Mohammad Pahalwan, who allegedly masterminded the
attack on the MIM legislator, has already been arrested.
Meanwhile, the 12th Additional Chief Metropolitan
Magistrate court granted CCS three days police custody of
Pahalwan, Hasan Bin Omer Yafai, Esa Bin Younus Yafai and
Yahiya Bin Yafai, who are all presently under judicial remand.
"We had sought seven days of police custody. But the
court granted only three days of custody. Nevertheless, We
will still thoroughly interrogate them," another police
officer, who is supervising the investigations, said.
One of the assailants, Ibrahim Bin Younus Yafai, who was
hit by a bullet during the attack, died when the gunman of
another MIM MLA Ahmed Balala, who was accompanying Akbaruddin,
opened fire in retaliation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India