Three more arrested in MLA Owaisi attack case
Hyderabad: The Central Crime Station (CCS)
on Thursday arrested three more persons for their alleged role in
attacking the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) legislator
Akbaruddin Owaisi, taking the total number of arrests made in
the case to 11, police said.
The three arrested include Afif Bin Younus, Saif Bin
Yafai and Wahlan. CCS Deputy Commissioner of Police J
Satyanarayana told this to agency.
Akbaruddin was attacked by a group of ten assailants with
sharp weapons and firearms near the MIM office at Barkas here
on April 30. Mohammad Pahalwan, who allegedly masterminded the
attack on the MIM legislator, has already been arrested.
Meanwhile, the 12th Additional Chief Metropolitan
Magistrate court granted CCS three days police custody of
Pahalwan, Hasan Bin Omer Yafai, Esa Bin Younus Yafai and
Yahiya Bin Yafai, who are all presently under judicial remand.
"We had sought seven days of police custody. But the
court granted only three days of custody. Nevertheless, We
will still thoroughly interrogate them," another police
officer, who is supervising the investigations, said.
One of the assailants, Ibrahim Bin Younus Yafai, who was
hit by a bullet during the attack, died when the gunman of
another MIM MLA Ahmed Balala, who was accompanying Akbaruddin,
opened fire in retaliation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi