Three more arrested in MLA Owaisi attack case
Hyderabad: The Central Crime Station (CCS)
on Thursday arrested three more persons for their alleged role in
attacking the Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) legislator
Akbaruddin Owaisi, taking the total number of arrests made in
the case to 11, police said.
The three arrested include Afif Bin Younus, Saif Bin
Yafai and Wahlan. CCS Deputy Commissioner of Police J
Satyanarayana told this to agency.
Akbaruddin was attacked by a group of ten assailants with
sharp weapons and firearms near the MIM office at Barkas here
on April 30. Mohammad Pahalwan, who allegedly masterminded the
attack on the MIM legislator, has already been arrested.
Meanwhile, the 12th Additional Chief Metropolitan
Magistrate court granted CCS three days police custody of
Pahalwan, Hasan Bin Omer Yafai, Esa Bin Younus Yafai and
Yahiya Bin Yafai, who are all presently under judicial remand.
"We had sought seven days of police custody. But the
court granted only three days of custody. Nevertheless, We
will still thoroughly interrogate them," another police
officer, who is supervising the investigations, said.
One of the assailants, Ibrahim Bin Younus Yafai, who was
hit by a bullet during the attack, died when the gunman of
another MIM MLA Ahmed Balala, who was accompanying Akbaruddin,
opened fire in retaliation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler