Three passengers stabbed to death in AP
Hyderabad: An unidentified assailant stabbed to death three passengers and injured one seriously while they were sleeping in a bus in Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh in the wee hours of Thursday.
The incident took place on the outskirts of Thada town at around 4 am when the assailant started attacking sleeping passengers with a knife, who were travelling in a state-run bus en route to Chennai from Bhadrachalam of Khammam district, resulting in death of three passengers on the spot while another was injured, a senior police officer said.
The accused fled the scene after the incident.
"The identification of the assailant and the motive behind the attack was yet to be established. Teams are on the look out of the accused," the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video