Three passengers stabbed to death in AP
Hyderabad: An unidentified assailant stabbed to death three passengers and injured one seriously while they were sleeping in a bus in Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh in the wee hours of Thursday.
The incident took place on the outskirts of Thada town at around 4 am when the assailant started attacking sleeping passengers with a knife, who were travelling in a state-run bus en route to Chennai from Bhadrachalam of Khammam district, resulting in death of three passengers on the spot while another was injured, a senior police officer said.
The accused fled the scene after the incident.
"The identification of the assailant and the motive behind the attack was yet to be established. Teams are on the look out of the accused," the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal