Three passengers stabbed to death in AP
Hyderabad: An unidentified assailant stabbed to death three passengers and injured one seriously while they were sleeping in a bus in Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh in the wee hours of Thursday.
The incident took place on the outskirts of Thada town at around 4 am when the assailant started attacking sleeping passengers with a knife, who were travelling in a state-run bus en route to Chennai from Bhadrachalam of Khammam district, resulting in death of three passengers on the spot while another was injured, a senior police officer said.
The accused fled the scene after the incident.
"The identification of the assailant and the motive behind the attack was yet to be established. Teams are on the look out of the accused," the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress