Three passengers stabbed to death in AP
Hyderabad: An unidentified assailant on Thursday stabbed three passengers to death and injured one seriously while they were sleeping in a bus in Andhra Pradesh`s Nellore district, police said.
The incident took place on the outskirts of Thada town at around 4 AM.
The assailant started attacking sleeping passengers, travelling in a state-run bus en route Chennai from Bhadrachalam of Khammam district, with a knife, police said.
While three passengers died on the spot, another was injured, a senior police officer said.
The accused fled the scene after the incident.
"The identification of the assailant and the motive behind the attack was yet to be established. Teams are on the look out of the accused," the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray