Three passengers stabbed to death in AP
Hyderabad: An unidentified assailant on Thursday stabbed three passengers to death and injured one seriously while they were sleeping in a bus in Andhra Pradesh`s Nellore district, police said.
The incident took place on the outskirts of Thada town at around 4 AM.
The assailant started attacking sleeping passengers, travelling in a state-run bus en route Chennai from Bhadrachalam of Khammam district, with a knife, police said.
While three passengers died on the spot, another was injured, a senior police officer said.
The accused fled the scene after the incident.
"The identification of the assailant and the motive behind the attack was yet to be established. Teams are on the look out of the accused," the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok