Three Seemandhra MPs submit resignations again
New Delhi/Hyderabad: Three of the 13 Seemandhra MPs, whose resignations were rejected by Lok Sabha speaker Meira Kumar last week, again submitted their resignations Monday.
Congress MPs L Rajagopal (Vijayawada), V Arun Kumar (Rajahmundry) and Sai Prathap (Rajampeta) submitted their resignations to Lok Sabha secretary general to protest the central government`s decision to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh by carving out separate Telangana state.
The speaker had Friday rejected the resignations of 13 MPs from Seemandhra (Rayalaseema and coastal Andhra). They included 10 of the Congress, two of YSR Congress Party and one of Telugu Desam Party.
Rajagopal, who recently moved the Delhi High Court seeking a direction to the speaker to accept his resignation, told reporters that he would personally meet the speaker Tuesday to urge her to accept his resignation.
"I would like to personally meet her and convey that there is no pressure on me and I have taken this decision on my own and with full consciousness," he said.
Three MPs went ahead with their decision to submit the resignations despite Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh appealing to them to reconsider their decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy