Three Seemandhra MPs submit resignations again
New Delhi/Hyderabad: Three of the 13 Seemandhra MPs, whose resignations were rejected by Lok Sabha speaker Meira Kumar last week, again submitted their resignations Monday.
Congress MPs L Rajagopal (Vijayawada), V Arun Kumar (Rajahmundry) and Sai Prathap (Rajampeta) submitted their resignations to Lok Sabha secretary general to protest the central government`s decision to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh by carving out separate Telangana state.
The speaker had Friday rejected the resignations of 13 MPs from Seemandhra (Rayalaseema and coastal Andhra). They included 10 of the Congress, two of YSR Congress Party and one of Telugu Desam Party.
Rajagopal, who recently moved the Delhi High Court seeking a direction to the speaker to accept his resignation, told reporters that he would personally meet the speaker Tuesday to urge her to accept his resignation.
"I would like to personally meet her and convey that there is no pressure on me and I have taken this decision on my own and with full consciousness," he said.
Three MPs went ahead with their decision to submit the resignations despite Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh appealing to them to reconsider their decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug