Three students drown in water tank in AP
Sangareddy (AP): Three students staying at a hostel at Turkal Khanapur in Medak district drowned in a water tank on Tuesday, police said.
The students had gone out to answer nature`s call outside as toilets in the hostel were not functioning. While they were passing by Batkamma tank, water bottle of a student, identified as Venkatesh, a 8th class student, fell in the tank. While he was trying to look for it, he fell in the tank and drowned, police said.
Two other students Hari Prasad and Mahinder who tried to rescue him also fell in the tank and drowned, police said adding their bodies were sent for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah