Three students drown in water tank in AP
Sangareddy (AP): Three students staying at a hostel at Turkal Khanapur in Medak district drowned in a water tank on Tuesday, police said.
The students had gone out to answer nature`s call outside as toilets in the hostel were not functioning. While they were passing by Batkamma tank, water bottle of a student, identified as Venkatesh, a 8th class student, fell in the tank. While he was trying to look for it, he fell in the tank and drowned, police said.
Two other students Hari Prasad and Mahinder who tried to rescue him also fell in the tank and drowned, police said adding their bodies were sent for post mortem.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Grenade attack on police post in J&K's Anantnag, security tightened
- World Immunisation Week: Narendra Modi government proactive, Mission Indradhanush good initiative - Praises from Gavi CEO
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, Amrita Arora's boxing session will give you fitness goals! – See pictures
- Sourav Ganguly bats for Salman Khan, says actor will bring in visibility to Rio Olympics as Indian contingent's Goodwill Ambassador
- Economy may expand by 7.8% in 2017-18: UN report