Three students drown in water tank in AP
Sangareddy (AP): Three students staying at a hostel at Turkal Khanapur in Medak district drowned in a water tank on Tuesday, police said.
The students had gone out to answer nature`s call outside as toilets in the hostel were not functioning. While they were passing by Batkamma tank, water bottle of a student, identified as Venkatesh, a 8th class student, fell in the tank. While he was trying to look for it, he fell in the tank and drowned, police said.
Two other students Hari Prasad and Mahinder who tried to rescue him also fell in the tank and drowned, police said adding their bodies were sent for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US