Three students drown in water tank in AP
Sangareddy (AP): Three students staying at a hostel at Turkal Khanapur in Medak district drowned in a water tank on Tuesday, police said.
The students had gone out to answer nature`s call outside as toilets in the hostel were not functioning. While they were passing by Batkamma tank, water bottle of a student, identified as Venkatesh, a 8th class student, fell in the tank. While he was trying to look for it, he fell in the tank and drowned, police said.
Two other students Hari Prasad and Mahinder who tried to rescue him also fell in the tank and drowned, police said adding their bodies were sent for post mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users