Three students drown in water tank in AP
Sangareddy (AP): Three students staying at a hostel at Turkal Khanapur in Medak district drowned in a water tank on Tuesday, police said.
The students had gone out to answer nature`s call outside as toilets in the hostel were not functioning. While they were passing by Batkamma tank, water bottle of a student, identified as Venkatesh, a 8th class student, fell in the tank. While he was trying to look for it, he fell in the tank and drowned, police said.
Two other students Hari Prasad and Mahinder who tried to rescue him also fell in the tank and drowned, police said adding their bodies were sent for post mortem.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India