Three tribals shot dead by Maoists: Police
Visakhapatnam: Three tribals were shot dead by Naxals after a clash over attending a secret meeting called by the ultras in this coastal Andhra Pradesh district today, police said.
"Maoists killed three tribals after they defied their order to attend the meeting on the outskirts of Lakkavaram village in G K Veedhi mandal in the agency area of the district," they said.
A group of five rebels were holding a conclave and directed the tribals to join them, which they refused and in turn attacked the ultras with stones and sticks.
The Naxals opened fire at the victims, who were killed on the spot, police said, adding that a combing operation is underway to trace the Reds.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan