Three tribals shot dead by Maoists: Police
Visakhapatnam: Three tribals were shot dead by Naxals after a clash over attending a secret meeting called by the ultras in this coastal Andhra Pradesh district today, police said.
"Maoists killed three tribals after they defied their order to attend the meeting on the outskirts of Lakkavaram village in G K Veedhi mandal in the agency area of the district," they said.
A group of five rebels were holding a conclave and directed the tribals to join them, which they refused and in turn attacked the ultras with stones and sticks.
The Naxals opened fire at the victims, who were killed on the spot, police said, adding that a combing operation is underway to trace the Reds.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Caught on camera: Woman abducted, molested in Bengaluru; one arrested
- Two killed in police firing in Arunachal's Tawang
- No plans to restart ceasefire with NSCN-K: Home ministry
- Trio of Earth-like planets found may posses perfect conditions for life, claim scientists
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar to go back to Goa after Union Cabinet reshuffle?