Timely detection of explosives prevents disaster
Sangareddy: Timely detection and seizure of explosives underneath a railway bridge in Medak district of Andhra Pradesh has prevented a major disaster, police said.
Acting on information given by a passerby, railway police recovered five detonators, five gelatin sticks and fuse wire planted under a railway bridge at Tellapur village, police said.
According to police, a person noticed fuse wire and detonators under the bridge on Hyderabad - Lingampally- Tellapur railway line while he was crossing it and informed local railwaymen, who alerted the railway police.
The Railway police along with bomb and dog squad rushed to the spot and seized explosives which was defused, police said.
Railway Superintendent of Police Kantha Rao and Medak SP Avinash Mohanty also visited the site.
The police have begun investigations and looking into the possible involvement of Maoists in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical