Timely detection of explosives prevents disaster
Sangareddy: Timely detection and seizure of explosives underneath a railway bridge in Medak district of Andhra Pradesh has prevented a major disaster, police said.
Acting on information given by a passerby, railway police recovered five detonators, five gelatin sticks and fuse wire planted under a railway bridge at Tellapur village, police said.
According to police, a person noticed fuse wire and detonators under the bridge on Hyderabad - Lingampally- Tellapur railway line while he was crossing it and informed local railwaymen, who alerted the railway police.
The Railway police along with bomb and dog squad rushed to the spot and seized explosives which was defused, police said.
Railway Superintendent of Police Kantha Rao and Medak SP Avinash Mohanty also visited the site.
The police have begun investigations and looking into the possible involvement of Maoists in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites