Tirupati: Rs 18 crore collected during Navaratri festival
Tirupati: The annual Navaratri Brahmotsavam festivals, that concluded on Tuesday at the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at nearby Tirumala has fetched a total revenue of over Rs 18 crore.
Of this, the temple hundi (offering box) alone netted the cash offerings of about Rs 14 crore while the sales of special entry darshan tickets and laddu prasadams amounted to over Rs three crore, temple sources told PTI tonight.
The accommodations including about five thousand rooms and about one hundred guest houses alloted to the pilgrims during the the nine days earned more than Rs one crore, they said.
About two and half lakh devotees had their heads tonsured as fulfillment of their vow before entering the hill shrine during the nine days, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!