Tirupati: Rs 18 crore collected during Navaratri festival
Tirupati: The annual Navaratri Brahmotsavam festivals, that concluded on Tuesday at the famous hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara at nearby Tirumala has fetched a total revenue of over Rs 18 crore.
Of this, the temple hundi (offering box) alone netted the cash offerings of about Rs 14 crore while the sales of special entry darshan tickets and laddu prasadams amounted to over Rs three crore, temple sources told PTI tonight.
The accommodations including about five thousand rooms and about one hundred guest houses alloted to the pilgrims during the the nine days earned more than Rs one crore, they said.
About two and half lakh devotees had their heads tonsured as fulfillment of their vow before entering the hill shrine during the nine days, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves