Tirupati shrine to buy surveillance cameras for Rs 62 crore
Tirupati: As part of strengthening security, Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams, which manages the hill shrine of Lord Venkateswara near here, on Saturday decided to purchase 1,750 surveillance cameras at an estimated cost of Rs 62 crore.
TTD Board Chairman K Bapiraju said the board at its monthly meeting resolved to buy the cameras to boost the security apparatus.
The cameras would be installed at several places on the hills, including inside the shrine.
These would also be erected at various vulnerable places in Tirupati and nearby Tiruchanur, he said.
Technology major HCL has come forward to extend technological support free of cost in the functioning of the surveillance cameras, he said.
The board also decided to appoint renowned violinist K K Kanyakumari as `Asthana Vidwan` of TTD for a term of five years, he added.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm
- Photo alert! Imran Khan and wife Avantika Malik party with Ranbir Kapoor