TJAC leaders arrested while besiege district Congress office
Karimnagar: Telangana Joint Action Committee (TJAC) leaders were arrested in Karimnagar town when they tried to besiege the District Congress Committee (DCC) office on Sunday, to press their demand for Telangana, as part of their observing December 23 as "a day of betrayal".
It may be recalled that on December 23, 2009 the central government had made an announcement against Telangana. Prior to that statement, the Home ministry gave a positive statement on the Telangana issue.
After observing December 23 as the `Day of Betrayal`, TJAC leaders tried to enter the District Congress Committee office on Sunday.
However, the police reacted immediately, took the leaders into custody and shifted them to Karimnagar II town police station.
TRS and TJAC leaders staged a dharna in front of the police station and demanded that the police must release arrested leaders.
TRS MLC Naradasu Laxman Rao, BJP Kisan Morcha National Leader P Sugunakar Rao and others participated in the dharna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?