Toddler who fell into borewell dies
Hyderabad: Efforts to rescue a one-and-half
year-old boy, who fell into a 30-feet borewell in a village in
Andhra Pradesh yesterday, failed as rescue operators fished
out his body today.
The boy D Mahesh slipped and fell into the defunct open
borewell at an agricultural field in Warangal district`s Tulsa
tanda last eveining while playing. His parents were working on
the other side of the field when the incident happened.
However, despite almost 24 hours of rescue operations,
the toddler could not be saved, police said.
His body was fished out by a 10-member rescue team after
digging a parallel 30-ft pit nearby the borewell, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what