Toddler who fell into borewell dies
Hyderabad: Efforts to rescue a one-and-half
year-old boy, who fell into a 30-feet borewell in a village in
Andhra Pradesh yesterday, failed as rescue operators fished
out his body today.
The boy D Mahesh slipped and fell into the defunct open
borewell at an agricultural field in Warangal district`s Tulsa
tanda last eveining while playing. His parents were working on
the other side of the field when the incident happened.
However, despite almost 24 hours of rescue operations,
the toddler could not be saved, police said.
His body was fished out by a 10-member rescue team after
digging a parallel 30-ft pit nearby the borewell, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez