Toddler who fell into borewell dies
Hyderabad: Efforts to rescue a one-and-half
year-old boy, who fell into a 30-feet borewell in a village in
Andhra Pradesh yesterday, failed as rescue operators fished
out his body today.
The boy D Mahesh slipped and fell into the defunct open
borewell at an agricultural field in Warangal district`s Tulsa
tanda last eveining while playing. His parents were working on
the other side of the field when the incident happened.
However, despite almost 24 hours of rescue operations,
the toddler could not be saved, police said.
His body was fished out by a 10-member rescue team after
digging a parallel 30-ft pit nearby the borewell, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say