Toddler who fell into borewell dies
Hyderabad: Efforts to rescue a one-and-half
year-old boy, who fell into a 30-feet borewell in a village in
Andhra Pradesh yesterday, failed as rescue operators fished
out his body today.
The boy D Mahesh slipped and fell into the defunct open
borewell at an agricultural field in Warangal district`s Tulsa
tanda last eveining while playing. His parents were working on
the other side of the field when the incident happened.
However, despite almost 24 hours of rescue operations,
the toddler could not be saved, police said.
His body was fished out by a 10-member rescue team after
digging a parallel 30-ft pit nearby the borewell, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened