Tractor plunges into canal in Andhra Pradesh; 10 dead
Guntur (AP): At least 10 people including
nine women were killed in Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh
when the tractor on which they were travelling fell into the
Nagarjuna Sagar canal on Monday morning, police said.
The mishap took place near Sattenapalle town here when
the driver of the tractor carrying 23 farm workers, mostly
women, lost control over the vehicle, which overturned before
falling into the canal, they said.
So far, 10 bodies have been recovered. More people are
feared drowned, police said.
Three persons have been admitted in hospital and rescue
operations with the help of swimmers are on to find missing
persons, the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!