Tractor plunges into canal in Andhra Pradesh; 10 dead
Guntur (AP): At least 10 people including
nine women were killed in Guntur district of Andhra Pradesh
when the tractor on which they were travelling fell into the
Nagarjuna Sagar canal on Monday morning, police said.
The mishap took place near Sattenapalle town here when
the driver of the tractor carrying 23 farm workers, mostly
women, lost control over the vehicle, which overturned before
falling into the canal, they said.
So far, 10 bodies have been recovered. More people are
feared drowned, police said.
Three persons have been admitted in hospital and rescue
operations with the help of swimmers are on to find missing
persons, the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Market tries to recover from Brexit blow, Sensex up 122 points
- Volkswagen agrees to $14.7 billion payout in US emissions probe
- Surprising! Kumar Sangakkara picks Rahul Dravid over Sachin Tendulkar in his All-Time XI
- Travel diaries: Bipasha Basu, hubby Karan Singh Grover are now holidaying in Barcelona
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin files petition in Bihar court, claims threat to his life from state govt