Trade Unions strike: Protests, rallies across AP
Hyderabad: Employees of various organisations
and Left activists today held demonstrations across Andhra
Pradesh as part of the nation-wide strike called by major
trade unions against the "anti-labour" policies of the Central
CPI State Secretary K Narayana, who led the protest here,
charged that the Congress government in Andhra Pradesh has
imposed a heavy burden on common people in various forms like
hiking taxes and also VAT on traders.
"The people would teach a lesson to the Congress
government if it did not mend its ways," he said. CPI claimed
in a release that Narayana was taken into custody by police
and kept at the police station at Nallakunta.
The staff of various firms along with Left workers
squatted in front of their offices and also at bus stations of
APSRTC preventing buses from going out.
Several political parties including TDP and TRS have
expressed their support to the strike. The union of various
PSU bank employees gave a call for the strike opposing banking
sector reforms among other issues.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights