Train services to be cancelled due to agitation in Andhra Pradesh
Bhubaneswar: East Coast Railways on Monday halted operations of four express trains and all local/passenger trains originating and terminating at Visakhapatnam in the wake of agitation in Andhra Pradesh, official sources said.
Power crisis in Andhra Pradesh is a factor behind the cancellation of the trains, Railway sources said.
The express trains cancelled on Tuesday were 17015 Up Bhubaneswar-Secunderabad Visakha Express, 12898 Up Bhubaneswar-Puducherry Weekly Express, 18411 Up Bhubaneswar-Visakhapatnam Intercity Express and 18412 down Visakhapatnam-Bhubaneswar Intercity Express.
However, for the comfortable journey of the train passengers stranded enroute, East Coast Railway has arranged diesel locomotives for movement of long distance trains.
Apart from this, food and drinking water provision has been made at different stations for stranded passengers, a Railway release said.
ECoR has also opened an emergency control room at Visakhapatnam for smooth movement of trains. Staff has been deputed to look after the proper arrangement of food and drinking water at various stations and in trains.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city