Trains cancelled in view of Telangana march in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: The railways have cancelled some trains on Friday in view of the "chalo Assembly" march called by Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) to press the demand for separate Telangana state.
The South Central Railway (SCR) on Thursday announced cancellation of seven passenger trains and partial cancellation of five passenger and three express trains. It has also cancelled almost all MMTS or local trains in the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad.
The railway authorities have cancelled trains coming to Hyderabad from various parts of Telangana to stop people from reaching the city to participate in the march.
Police have denied permission for the march but the JAC has vowed to go ahead with it, come what may.
The SCR in a statement said the train services were cancelled as a precautionary measure in the interest of security.
The Multi Modal Transit System (MMTS) train Services on Falaknuma-Secunderabad-Falaknuma; Falaknuma-Hyderabad-Secunderabad-Falaknuma; and Hyderabad-Lingampalli-Hyderabad Sections will remain cancelled.
However, MMTS services on Secunderabad-Lingampalli-Secunderabad section will run as per schedule.
DEMUs/DHMU Services running between Falaknuma-Secunderabad-Falaknuma and Secunderabad-Bolarum/Medchal/Manoharabad-Secunderabad have also been cancelled.
Mumbai-CST-Hyderabad Hussainsagar Express, leaving Mumbai Thursday, is partially cancelled between Lingampalli and Hyderabad. Bidar-Hyderabad Intercity Express is partially cancelled between Lingampalli and Hyderabad.
Trivandrum-Hyderabad Sabari Express is partially cancelled between Secunderabad and Hyderabad.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents