Trains cancelled in view of Telangana march in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: The railways have cancelled some trains on Friday in view of the "chalo Assembly" march called by Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) to press the demand for separate Telangana state.
The South Central Railway (SCR) on Thursday announced cancellation of seven passenger trains and partial cancellation of five passenger and three express trains. It has also cancelled almost all MMTS or local trains in the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad.
The railway authorities have cancelled trains coming to Hyderabad from various parts of Telangana to stop people from reaching the city to participate in the march.
Police have denied permission for the march but the JAC has vowed to go ahead with it, come what may.
The SCR in a statement said the train services were cancelled as a precautionary measure in the interest of security.
The Multi Modal Transit System (MMTS) train Services on Falaknuma-Secunderabad-Falaknuma; Falaknuma-Hyderabad-Secunderabad-Falaknuma; and Hyderabad-Lingampalli-Hyderabad Sections will remain cancelled.
However, MMTS services on Secunderabad-Lingampalli-Secunderabad section will run as per schedule.
DEMUs/DHMU Services running between Falaknuma-Secunderabad-Falaknuma and Secunderabad-Bolarum/Medchal/Manoharabad-Secunderabad have also been cancelled.
Mumbai-CST-Hyderabad Hussainsagar Express, leaving Mumbai Thursday, is partially cancelled between Lingampalli and Hyderabad. Bidar-Hyderabad Intercity Express is partially cancelled between Lingampalli and Hyderabad.
Trivandrum-Hyderabad Sabari Express is partially cancelled between Secunderabad and Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31