Trial against Jagan in quid-pro-quo case can start: CBI
Hyderabad: CBI Thursday told a local court that it had completed investigation in the three charge sheets filed against YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy in the case related to `quid-pro-quo` investments and the trial can start.
No further probe in these cases was needed, it said in memos filed before Principal Special Court for CBI cases here yesterday.
The central agency has filed five charge sheets and three supplementary charge sheets against Jaganmohan Reddy and others, including three former Andhra Pradesh ministers, so far.
According to CBI, these investments were in return -- quid-pro-quo -- for favours from the state government when Jagan`s father, late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, was Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.
The first charge sheet was filed against Jaganmohan and 12 others on March 31, 2012. Jaganmohan, his auditor Vijay Sai Reddy and Jagati Publications are the accused in the second charge sheet filed on April 23 last year.
The third charge sheet of May 7, 2012 names Jagan, Vijay Sai, IAS officer Venkatarami Reddy, Ramky Group chairman Ayodhyarami Reddy, Jagati Publications and Ramky Pharma India Limited as accused.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.