Tribal girl raped in Andhra Pradesh
Visakhapatnam: A 35-year-old man was arrested for allegedly raping a minor tribal girl here, police said on Friday.
"The 12-year-old victim, who hailed from a village under Chintapalle block, was waiting at the bus stop yesterday when the accused lured her under the pretext of dropping her home on his bike. He then took her to an isolated place near a degree college and sexually assaulted her," police inspector K N S V Prasad said tonight.
The incident came to light today after the girl`s family lodged a formal complaint with Chintapalle police.
Police arrested the accused, a mason by profession and also the resident of the girl`s village today.
A case of rape was registered against him and further investigations are on, Prasad said.
The girl was admitted to King George Hospital in Visakhapatnam for medical examination, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- 'Madaari' is outstanding, says Deepika Padukone
- Three Taliban commanders arrested in Afghanistan's Samangan province
- Kamal Haasan still under medical care in hospital
- Kashmir unrest: Policeman injured in Burhan Wani protest dies, death toll rises to 46
- PNB Housing Finance readies Rs 2,500-crore IPO, heads to tier 2, 3 cities