Tribal girl raped in Andhra Pradesh
Visakhapatnam: A 35-year-old man was arrested for allegedly raping a minor tribal girl here, police said on Friday.
"The 12-year-old victim, who hailed from a village under Chintapalle block, was waiting at the bus stop yesterday when the accused lured her under the pretext of dropping her home on his bike. He then took her to an isolated place near a degree college and sexually assaulted her," police inspector K N S V Prasad said tonight.
The incident came to light today after the girl`s family lodged a formal complaint with Chintapalle police.
Police arrested the accused, a mason by profession and also the resident of the girl`s village today.
A case of rape was registered against him and further investigations are on, Prasad said.
The girl was admitted to King George Hospital in Visakhapatnam for medical examination, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster