Tribal girl raped in Andhra Pradesh
Visakhapatnam: A 35-year-old man was arrested for allegedly raping a minor tribal girl here, police said on Friday.
"The 12-year-old victim, who hailed from a village under Chintapalle block, was waiting at the bus stop yesterday when the accused lured her under the pretext of dropping her home on his bike. He then took her to an isolated place near a degree college and sexually assaulted her," police inspector K N S V Prasad said tonight.
The incident came to light today after the girl`s family lodged a formal complaint with Chintapalle police.
Police arrested the accused, a mason by profession and also the resident of the girl`s village today.
A case of rape was registered against him and further investigations are on, Prasad said.
The girl was admitted to King George Hospital in Visakhapatnam for medical examination, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Bodoland groups to relaunch statehood agitation next week
- Claudio Bravo joins Manchester City as Joe Hart`s replacement
- Flood situation remains grim in Bihar, eases in Madhya Pradesh
- Don't let India use your soil against us, Pakistan tells Afghanistan
- Congress rushes in defence of 'sidelined' AAP Punjab convener