Tribal girl raped in Andhra Pradesh
Visakhapatnam: A 35-year-old man was arrested for allegedly raping a minor tribal girl here, police said on Friday.
"The 12-year-old victim, who hailed from a village under Chintapalle block, was waiting at the bus stop yesterday when the accused lured her under the pretext of dropping her home on his bike. He then took her to an isolated place near a degree college and sexually assaulted her," police inspector K N S V Prasad said tonight.
The incident came to light today after the girl`s family lodged a formal complaint with Chintapalle police.
Police arrested the accused, a mason by profession and also the resident of the girl`s village today.
A case of rape was registered against him and further investigations are on, Prasad said.
The girl was admitted to King George Hospital in Visakhapatnam for medical examination, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users