Trouble in delivery of Aadhaar cards in AP
Hyderabad: Amid complaints of delay in delivery of Aadhaar cards, the Postal Department in Andhra Pradesh has claimed it has been facing difficulty in disbursing these cards because of incomplete addresses and wrong pin codes given by applicants themselves.
"Incomplete and wrong addresses written on the envelopes, change in addresses and residences remaining locked for days together are some of the reasons why the Postal Department is finding it tough to deliver the Aadhaar cards," K Sandhya Rani, Postmaster General (Business Development and Marketing & Technology) said.
The quantum of Aadhaar card letters received for the delivery is huge, which is a challenge in itself, besides wrong pin codes, she said.
"We found that almost 25 per cent of Aadhaar letters come with wrong pin codes. It becomes all the more difficult in case of slum areas as there is no proper numbering to houses," Rani said.
While over 4.69 crore Aadhaar cards in the state have already been delivered, the department has returned over 2.78 lakh to the office of Central Identities Data Repository (CIDR)/Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) at Bangalore, she said.
"Though the Chief Postmaster General and the Regional Postmaster Generals are monitoring the process of speedy delivery of Aadhaar cards, we have returned 2,78,826 letters containing Aadhaar cards due to several reasons," she said.
"Of the 4,74,39,801 letters booked by the UIDAI under the Speed Post service so far, about 2.15 lakh letters containing Aadhaar letters are now under delivery process across the state, she said, adding that of these, 1,42,521 are to be delivered in five Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) districts of Hyderabad, Ranga Reddy, Anantapur, Chittoor and East Godavari.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed