Trouble in delivery of Aadhaar cards in AP
Hyderabad: Amid complaints of delay in delivery of Aadhaar cards, the Postal Department in Andhra Pradesh has claimed it has been facing difficulty in disbursing these cards because of incomplete addresses and wrong pin codes given by applicants themselves.
"Incomplete and wrong addresses written on the envelopes, change in addresses and residences remaining locked for days together are some of the reasons why the Postal Department is finding it tough to deliver the Aadhaar cards," K Sandhya Rani, Postmaster General (Business Development and Marketing & Technology) said.
The quantum of Aadhaar card letters received for the delivery is huge, which is a challenge in itself, besides wrong pin codes, she said.
"We found that almost 25 per cent of Aadhaar letters come with wrong pin codes. It becomes all the more difficult in case of slum areas as there is no proper numbering to houses," Rani said.
While over 4.69 crore Aadhaar cards in the state have already been delivered, the department has returned over 2.78 lakh to the office of Central Identities Data Repository (CIDR)/Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) at Bangalore, she said.
"Though the Chief Postmaster General and the Regional Postmaster Generals are monitoring the process of speedy delivery of Aadhaar cards, we have returned 2,78,826 letters containing Aadhaar cards due to several reasons," she said.
"Of the 4,74,39,801 letters booked by the UIDAI under the Speed Post service so far, about 2.15 lakh letters containing Aadhaar letters are now under delivery process across the state, she said, adding that of these, 1,42,521 are to be delivered in five Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) districts of Hyderabad, Ranga Reddy, Anantapur, Chittoor and East Godavari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Clothes that repair their own rips? Study swears on new coatings!
- BCCI exempts Chennai Super Kings, Rajasthan Royals from paying annual IPL franchise fee: Report
- It may soon be time to say goodbye to dripping ice cream cones!
- Learn how much exercise you need to prevent death
- Scorpene leak: Data includes details on missile likely to be used in submarines