TRS activists clash with Nagender`s supporters
Hyderabad: TRS activists on Tuesday clashed
with supporters of Andhra Pradesh Health Minister D Nagender,
who favours Hyderabad being made a Union Territory in the
event of the formation of a separate Telangana state.
Expressing anger over the stand taken by Nagender, who
is also the president of city Congress, TRS activists reached
his house at Banjara Hills and clashed with his supporters
there, sources said.
The minister was not present at his house when the
Condemning the incident, Nagender said TRS workers
have a right to fight for a separate Telangana but they should
show restraint from such attacks.
Nagender represents Khairatabad constituency.
Senior TRS leader Nayani Narasimha Reddy alleged that
"goondas of Nagender attacked students who wanted to submit a
"Nagender was acting at the behest of Congress Rajya
Sabha MP K V P Ramachandra Rao," he claimed.
Four persons have been taken into custody in
connection with the incident, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him