TRS activists clash with Nagender`s supporters
Hyderabad: TRS activists on Tuesday clashed
with supporters of Andhra Pradesh Health Minister D Nagender,
who favours Hyderabad being made a Union Territory in the
event of the formation of a separate Telangana state.
Expressing anger over the stand taken by Nagender, who
is also the president of city Congress, TRS activists reached
his house at Banjara Hills and clashed with his supporters
there, sources said.
The minister was not present at his house when the
Condemning the incident, Nagender said TRS workers
have a right to fight for a separate Telangana but they should
show restraint from such attacks.
Nagender represents Khairatabad constituency.
Senior TRS leader Nayani Narasimha Reddy alleged that
"goondas of Nagender attacked students who wanted to submit a
"Nagender was acting at the behest of Congress Rajya
Sabha MP K V P Ramachandra Rao," he claimed.
Four persons have been taken into custody in
connection with the incident, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!