TRS and Congress have tacit understanding on Telangana: YSRCP
Hyderabad: Even as deliberations are on at the highest levels in Congress over resolution of Telanagan issue, the YSR Congress Party today accused Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) president K Chandrasekhar Rao of having a "tacit" understanding with Congress and delaying formation of separate state.
"TRS and Congress have a tacit understanding on Telangana issue as the K Chandrasekhar Rao-led party is set to merge with Congress. Chandrasekhar Rao suddenly vanishes from very important situations and surfaces at most unlikely places to level wild allegations and give false promises. This has been the style of functioning of TRS", alleged YSRCP spokesperson G Ramachandra Rao.
Dismissing TRS` allegations that late chief minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy spoke against Telangana, the Jaganmohan Reddy-led YSRCP alleged that TRS was in cahoots with Centre in delaying the separate state.
Jagan is the son of late Y S Rajasekhar Reddy.
"We condemn the statements of KCR and KTR (TRS MLA K T Rama Rao) who have been passing uncharitable remarks against YSR and YS Jagan Mohan Reddy. Instead of targeting Congress which is a stumbling block (on Telangana issue), they (TRS) have been spreading falsehood against us, which shows that they are working in tandem (with Congress)", Ramachandra Rao said.
He accused Congress of using TRS and some MPs like Undavalli to wriggle it out of difficult situations arising out of the separate statehood issue by manipulating their aggression and sometimes rivalry.
"YSR has always been very generous in grants to Telangana....Irrigation, power, pensions, Aarogyasri or any welfare scheme, Telangana was given a lion`s share. KCR could not raise the issue of allocations to Telangana when TDP was in power", the spokesperson said, adding that TRS leaders are in a jittery with the growing popularity of YSRCP.
"They are making false allegations to gain political mileage", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars