TRS and Congress have tacit understanding on Telangana: YSRCP
Hyderabad: Even as deliberations are on at the highest levels in Congress over resolution of Telanagan issue, the YSR Congress Party today accused Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) president K Chandrasekhar Rao of having a "tacit" understanding with Congress and delaying formation of separate state.
"TRS and Congress have a tacit understanding on Telangana issue as the K Chandrasekhar Rao-led party is set to merge with Congress. Chandrasekhar Rao suddenly vanishes from very important situations and surfaces at most unlikely places to level wild allegations and give false promises. This has been the style of functioning of TRS", alleged YSRCP spokesperson G Ramachandra Rao.
Dismissing TRS` allegations that late chief minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy spoke against Telangana, the Jaganmohan Reddy-led YSRCP alleged that TRS was in cahoots with Centre in delaying the separate state.
Jagan is the son of late Y S Rajasekhar Reddy.
"We condemn the statements of KCR and KTR (TRS MLA K T Rama Rao) who have been passing uncharitable remarks against YSR and YS Jagan Mohan Reddy. Instead of targeting Congress which is a stumbling block (on Telangana issue), they (TRS) have been spreading falsehood against us, which shows that they are working in tandem (with Congress)", Ramachandra Rao said.
He accused Congress of using TRS and some MPs like Undavalli to wriggle it out of difficult situations arising out of the separate statehood issue by manipulating their aggression and sometimes rivalry.
"YSR has always been very generous in grants to Telangana....Irrigation, power, pensions, Aarogyasri or any welfare scheme, Telangana was given a lion`s share. KCR could not raise the issue of allocations to Telangana when TDP was in power", the spokesperson said, adding that TRS leaders are in a jittery with the growing popularity of YSRCP.
"They are making false allegations to gain political mileage", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez