TRS and Congress have tacit understanding on Telangana: YSRCP
Hyderabad: Even as deliberations are on at the highest levels in Congress over resolution of Telanagan issue, the YSR Congress Party today accused Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) president K Chandrasekhar Rao of having a "tacit" understanding with Congress and delaying formation of separate state.
"TRS and Congress have a tacit understanding on Telangana issue as the K Chandrasekhar Rao-led party is set to merge with Congress. Chandrasekhar Rao suddenly vanishes from very important situations and surfaces at most unlikely places to level wild allegations and give false promises. This has been the style of functioning of TRS", alleged YSRCP spokesperson G Ramachandra Rao.
Dismissing TRS` allegations that late chief minister Y S Rajasekhara Reddy spoke against Telangana, the Jaganmohan Reddy-led YSRCP alleged that TRS was in cahoots with Centre in delaying the separate state.
Jagan is the son of late Y S Rajasekhar Reddy.
"We condemn the statements of KCR and KTR (TRS MLA K T Rama Rao) who have been passing uncharitable remarks against YSR and YS Jagan Mohan Reddy. Instead of targeting Congress which is a stumbling block (on Telangana issue), they (TRS) have been spreading falsehood against us, which shows that they are working in tandem (with Congress)", Ramachandra Rao said.
He accused Congress of using TRS and some MPs like Undavalli to wriggle it out of difficult situations arising out of the separate statehood issue by manipulating their aggression and sometimes rivalry.
"YSR has always been very generous in grants to Telangana....Irrigation, power, pensions, Aarogyasri or any welfare scheme, Telangana was given a lion`s share. KCR could not raise the issue of allocations to Telangana when TDP was in power", the spokesperson said, adding that TRS leaders are in a jittery with the growing popularity of YSRCP.
"They are making false allegations to gain political mileage", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow