TRS asks Congress leaders to quit party
Hyderabad: Hitting out at the Congress for
allegedly betraying Telangana, TRS on Thursday said its leaders
should be bold enough to quit the party for achieving the
long-awaited separate statehood goal.
"All political leaders from the region had quit their
posts. Is it enough? Don`t we need to get our resignations
accepted? We should be courageous enough to quit the parties.
Especially, the Congress leaders should display that courage.
Otherwise, the Congress would not come forward (to give
Telangana)," TRS MLA and party president K Chandrasekhar Rao`s
son KT Rama Rao said here, addressing a gathering.
He lamented that neither Prime Minister nor Congress
president Sonia Gandhi responded even after the alleged
suicide of a youth near Parliament in support of the Telangana
"Few days ago, one of our brothers committed suicide in
front of Parliament to highlight Telangana cause. The
unfortunate situation is that neither Prime Minister nor Sonia
Gandhiji have opened their mouth. We need to demand Sonia
Gandhiji, why do you keep quiet. You are also a mother. If you
have the heart of a mother and Indianness, then you should
come forward," he said.
It is Congress that has always betrayed Telangana people
on the separate statehood cause, Rama Rao charged.
Training his guns on Telangana TDP leaders, he claimed
that they should first get party president N Chandrababu Naidu
accept the Telangana demand instead of meeting Telangana
protagonists like freedom figher Konda Laxman Bapuji.
The all-people`s strike in Telangana, proposed to be
launched from August 8, would be an effective weapon in
achieving the goal, he said.
Rama Rao said his party would stand by the Telangana
supporters if they faced action during the agitation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan