TRS asks TDP, YSR Congress to clarify stand on Telangana
Nizamabad: Seeking to mount pressure on the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and YSR Congress, the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) president K Chandrasekhar Rao demanded on Monday, that the two parties make their stand clear on the separate Telangana state demand at an all-party meeting convened by the Centre on December 28.
Addressing a public meeting here this evening, he alleged that the two parties claim to respect the wishes of Telangana people without unambiguously supporting the separate state demand.
Telangana people should "ban" the two parties if they failed to make it clear at the all-party meet that they are for the formation of a separate state, he said.
TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu and YSR Congress leader Sharmila claim to care for Telangana people during their ongoing `padayatras` in the region, but they are not sincere, Chandrasekhar Rao alleged.
The TRS president said his party would take concrete steps for the welfare of all sections including weavers, farmers and others.
Meanwhile, the Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) chairman M Kodandaram also demanded major parties to specify their stand on the Telangana issue by December 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency