TRS asks TDP, YSR Congress to clarify stand on Telangana
Nizamabad: Seeking to mount pressure on the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and YSR Congress, the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) president K Chandrasekhar Rao demanded on Monday, that the two parties make their stand clear on the separate Telangana state demand at an all-party meeting convened by the Centre on December 28.
Addressing a public meeting here this evening, he alleged that the two parties claim to respect the wishes of Telangana people without unambiguously supporting the separate state demand.
Telangana people should "ban" the two parties if they failed to make it clear at the all-party meet that they are for the formation of a separate state, he said.
TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu and YSR Congress leader Sharmila claim to care for Telangana people during their ongoing `padayatras` in the region, but they are not sincere, Chandrasekhar Rao alleged.
The TRS president said his party would take concrete steps for the welfare of all sections including weavers, farmers and others.
Meanwhile, the Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) chairman M Kodandaram also demanded major parties to specify their stand on the Telangana issue by December 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users