TRS asks TDP, YSR Congress to clarify stand on Telangana
Nizamabad: Seeking to mount pressure on the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) and YSR Congress, the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) president K Chandrasekhar Rao demanded on Monday, that the two parties make their stand clear on the separate Telangana state demand at an all-party meeting convened by the Centre on December 28.
Addressing a public meeting here this evening, he alleged that the two parties claim to respect the wishes of Telangana people without unambiguously supporting the separate state demand.
Telangana people should "ban" the two parties if they failed to make it clear at the all-party meet that they are for the formation of a separate state, he said.
TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu and YSR Congress leader Sharmila claim to care for Telangana people during their ongoing `padayatras` in the region, but they are not sincere, Chandrasekhar Rao alleged.
The TRS president said his party would take concrete steps for the welfare of all sections including weavers, farmers and others.
Meanwhile, the Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) chairman M Kodandaram also demanded major parties to specify their stand on the Telangana issue by December 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Bankruptcy law credit positive for banks: Moody's
- Indonesia's Mount Sinabung continues eruption
- Congress, BJP quote Mirza Ghalib to spar over Modi govt's two years in power
- Renault forays into pre-owned car biz in India
- When Luna the husky demanded belly rubs during car ride – Watch the adorable moment!