TRS calls for Telangana bandh on Saturday
Hyderabad: Alleging that the Andhra Pradesh government resorted to repressive measures to put down the Telangana agitation on Friday, TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao has called for a bandh in the Telangana region on Saturday.
CPI, a strong supporter of the separate Telangana stir, however, differed with TRS in calling for bandh, saying the decision was unilateral.
The Telangana Joint Action Committee(JAC), which comprises TRS, BJP and organisations like pro-Telangana employees of Andhra Pradesh government, has said the bandh would be observed in the entire Telangana region.
Meanwhile, Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde and Union Minister and AICC General Secretary Ghulam Nabi Azad, in-charge of Congress affairs in AP, congratulated Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and the state government for the smooth maintenance of law and order today, official sources said.
They appreciated the restraint shown by the administration in handling law and order even when some parties were planning to create disturbance, the sources said.
The Chief Minister thanked them for extending support and providing central forces to maintain law and order, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state