TRS charges MIM MLA of objectionable remarks on Mahatma statue
Hyderabad: The city unit of Telangana Rashtra Samiti on Sunday submitted a representation seeking action against Majlis Ithehadul Musalmeen MLA Ahmed Pasha Quadri for allegedly making objectionable remarks about Mahatma Gandhi`s statue in the state Assembly premises.
A delegation led by party leader P Laxman submitted the memorandum to Chhatrinaka Police station in Old City and sought examination of the video in which the Charminar legislator has allegedly made the remarks at Jagtiyal in Karimnagar district recently.
"The reported remarks cause insult to the father of the nation", the memorandum said.
Chhatrinka Police confirmed that they have received the representation in which TRS requested examination of the footage of the meeting in Jagtiyal.
"We will collect the video of the speech from Jagtiyal and examine it and initiate appropriate action after taking the legal opinion. So far no case has been registered against Quadri", a police officer said.
BJP president of Jagtial town Raju had also filed a police complaint against Quadri on Friday.
Incidentally, a top MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi was recently arrested for making a "hate speech".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video