TRS charges MIM MLA of objectionable remarks on Mahatma statue
Hyderabad: The city unit of Telangana Rashtra Samiti on Sunday submitted a representation seeking action against Majlis Ithehadul Musalmeen MLA Ahmed Pasha Quadri for allegedly making objectionable remarks about Mahatma Gandhi`s statue in the state Assembly premises.
A delegation led by party leader P Laxman submitted the memorandum to Chhatrinaka Police station in Old City and sought examination of the video in which the Charminar legislator has allegedly made the remarks at Jagtiyal in Karimnagar district recently.
"The reported remarks cause insult to the father of the nation", the memorandum said.
Chhatrinka Police confirmed that they have received the representation in which TRS requested examination of the footage of the meeting in Jagtiyal.
"We will collect the video of the speech from Jagtiyal and examine it and initiate appropriate action after taking the legal opinion. So far no case has been registered against Quadri", a police officer said.
BJP president of Jagtial town Raju had also filed a police complaint against Quadri on Friday.
Incidentally, a top MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi was recently arrested for making a "hate speech".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet