TRS charges MIM MLA of objectionable remarks on Mahatma statue
Hyderabad: The city unit of Telangana Rashtra Samiti on Sunday submitted a representation seeking action against Majlis Ithehadul Musalmeen MLA Ahmed Pasha Quadri for allegedly making objectionable remarks about Mahatma Gandhi`s statue in the state Assembly premises.
A delegation led by party leader P Laxman submitted the memorandum to Chhatrinaka Police station in Old City and sought examination of the video in which the Charminar legislator has allegedly made the remarks at Jagtiyal in Karimnagar district recently.
"The reported remarks cause insult to the father of the nation", the memorandum said.
Chhatrinka Police confirmed that they have received the representation in which TRS requested examination of the footage of the meeting in Jagtiyal.
"We will collect the video of the speech from Jagtiyal and examine it and initiate appropriate action after taking the legal opinion. So far no case has been registered against Quadri", a police officer said.
BJP president of Jagtial town Raju had also filed a police complaint against Quadri on Friday.
Incidentally, a top MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi was recently arrested for making a "hate speech".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks