TRS charges MIM MLA of objectionable remarks on Mahatma statue
Hyderabad: The city unit of Telangana Rashtra Samiti on Sunday submitted a representation seeking action against Majlis Ithehadul Musalmeen MLA Ahmed Pasha Quadri for allegedly making objectionable remarks about Mahatma Gandhi`s statue in the state Assembly premises.
A delegation led by party leader P Laxman submitted the memorandum to Chhatrinaka Police station in Old City and sought examination of the video in which the Charminar legislator has allegedly made the remarks at Jagtiyal in Karimnagar district recently.
"The reported remarks cause insult to the father of the nation", the memorandum said.
Chhatrinka Police confirmed that they have received the representation in which TRS requested examination of the footage of the meeting in Jagtiyal.
"We will collect the video of the speech from Jagtiyal and examine it and initiate appropriate action after taking the legal opinion. So far no case has been registered against Quadri", a police officer said.
BJP president of Jagtial town Raju had also filed a police complaint against Quadri on Friday.
Incidentally, a top MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi was recently arrested for making a "hate speech".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed