TRS chief asks Kiran to cancel Polavaram contracts
Hyderabad: TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao
has written a letter to Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran
Kumar Reddy, seeking cancellation of contracts for the
Polavaram irrigation project in the coastal area.
The letter, sent today, also demands that no construction
work be taken up at the project, as reportedly directed by the
Centre and the Supreme Court, TRS said in a release here.
The letter comes in the wake of a war of words between
TRS and Telugu Desam. Telugu Desam leaders claim that the
tenders have been awarded to those close to Chandrasekhar Rao,
in return for toning down the Telangana statehood agitation.
The ruling Congress was trying to silence the agitation
by "managing" TRS chief; E Dayakar Rao and other TDP leaders
TRS has been opposed to the Polavaram project, on the
ground that it benefits non-Telangana regions at the cost of
Telangana people. The party has also refuted TDP`s allegation,
saying that its opposition to the project remains unchanged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video