TRS chief asks Kiran to cancel Polavaram contracts
Hyderabad: TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao
has written a letter to Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran
Kumar Reddy, seeking cancellation of contracts for the
Polavaram irrigation project in the coastal area.
The letter, sent today, also demands that no construction
work be taken up at the project, as reportedly directed by the
Centre and the Supreme Court, TRS said in a release here.
The letter comes in the wake of a war of words between
TRS and Telugu Desam. Telugu Desam leaders claim that the
tenders have been awarded to those close to Chandrasekhar Rao,
in return for toning down the Telangana statehood agitation.
The ruling Congress was trying to silence the agitation
by "managing" TRS chief; E Dayakar Rao and other TDP leaders
TRS has been opposed to the Polavaram project, on the
ground that it benefits non-Telangana regions at the cost of
Telangana people. The party has also refuted TDP`s allegation,
saying that its opposition to the project remains unchanged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video