TRS chief asks public representatives to quit posts by Jan 28
Hyderabad: Seeking to mount pressure on
the Centre for a favourable decision on Telangana issue, TRS
president K Chandrasekhar Rao on Sunday demanded that all public
representatives quit their posts by January 28 as per the
deadline set by all-party Joint Action Committee (JAC).
"Posts and positions are not permanent. All MPs and
MLAs should quit by January 28. On our part, 13 public
representatives of TRS have submitted their resignations," he
said, addressing a gathering on outskirts of the city.
The Telangana Political Joint Action Committee (JAC),
spearheading the battle for a separate state, set out a
deadline for the Centre till January 28 to come out with a
timeframe on statehood issue failing which all lawmakers of
the region will press for acceptance of their resignations.
Senior TDP MLA from Telangana region N Janardhan Reddy
asked Congress MPs, MLAs and other leaders to be united with
the leaders of other parties in the interest of Telangana.
Meanwhile, Congress MLAs and MPs from Telangana facing
a dilemma over quitting their posts will go to New Delhi on
January 26 to lobby with the top leaders, senior Congress MLA
R Damodar Reddy told reporters.
The Congress legislators also met senior party Rajya
Sabha member K Keshav Rao today.
"We requested him (Keshav Rao) to use his influence
with the party high command to see that a statement is made by
January 28 in favour of Telangana," Reddy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!