TRS chief asks public representatives to quit posts by Jan 28
Hyderabad: Seeking to mount pressure on
the Centre for a favourable decision on Telangana issue, TRS
president K Chandrasekhar Rao on Sunday demanded that all public
representatives quit their posts by January 28 as per the
deadline set by all-party Joint Action Committee (JAC).
"Posts and positions are not permanent. All MPs and
MLAs should quit by January 28. On our part, 13 public
representatives of TRS have submitted their resignations," he
said, addressing a gathering on outskirts of the city.
The Telangana Political Joint Action Committee (JAC),
spearheading the battle for a separate state, set out a
deadline for the Centre till January 28 to come out with a
timeframe on statehood issue failing which all lawmakers of
the region will press for acceptance of their resignations.
Senior TDP MLA from Telangana region N Janardhan Reddy
asked Congress MPs, MLAs and other leaders to be united with
the leaders of other parties in the interest of Telangana.
Meanwhile, Congress MLAs and MPs from Telangana facing
a dilemma over quitting their posts will go to New Delhi on
January 26 to lobby with the top leaders, senior Congress MLA
R Damodar Reddy told reporters.
The Congress legislators also met senior party Rajya
Sabha member K Keshav Rao today.
"We requested him (Keshav Rao) to use his influence
with the party high command to see that a statement is made by
January 28 in favour of Telangana," Reddy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark