TRS chief asks public representatives to quit posts by Jan 28
Hyderabad: Seeking to mount pressure on
the Centre for a favourable decision on Telangana issue, TRS
president K Chandrasekhar Rao on Sunday demanded that all public
representatives quit their posts by January 28 as per the
deadline set by all-party Joint Action Committee (JAC).
"Posts and positions are not permanent. All MPs and
MLAs should quit by January 28. On our part, 13 public
representatives of TRS have submitted their resignations," he
said, addressing a gathering on outskirts of the city.
The Telangana Political Joint Action Committee (JAC),
spearheading the battle for a separate state, set out a
deadline for the Centre till January 28 to come out with a
timeframe on statehood issue failing which all lawmakers of
the region will press for acceptance of their resignations.
Senior TDP MLA from Telangana region N Janardhan Reddy
asked Congress MPs, MLAs and other leaders to be united with
the leaders of other parties in the interest of Telangana.
Meanwhile, Congress MLAs and MPs from Telangana facing
a dilemma over quitting their posts will go to New Delhi on
January 26 to lobby with the top leaders, senior Congress MLA
R Damodar Reddy told reporters.
The Congress legislators also met senior party Rajya
Sabha member K Keshav Rao today.
"We requested him (Keshav Rao) to use his influence
with the party high command to see that a statement is made by
January 28 in favour of Telangana," Reddy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'