TRS chief making false statements: BJP
Hyderabad: Ridiculing the statement of TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao that Telangana would be formed within three months, the BJP state unit on Tuesday alleged that the TRS chief was deceiving people of the region by making "false claims".
BJP state spokesperson NVSS Prabhakar said, "The party will withdraw its candidate from Parakal Assembly constituency if TRS chief makes AICC president Sonia Gandhi say that Telangana state would be formed within three months."
Alleging that Chandrasekhar Rao has been making false statements by announcing deadlines now and then during the last 11 years, Prabhakar dared him saying that he should withdraw his party candidate if he failed to make Congress announce that separate Telangana state would come up in three months.
By-poll for Parakal Assembly constituency in Warangal district would be along with 17 other seats (in Andhra region) on June 12.
Accusing Rao of making mere statements over Telangana state for his "selfish gains", the BJP leader said Rao always gave such deadlines whenever there were byelections.
"Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) president`s main aim is to win the elections on false promises and improve strength of his party legislators," Prabhakar said.
On the arrest of YSR Congress leader and Kadapa MP Jaganmohan Reddy, Prabhakar said the arrest clearly proved that no one is above the law.
The BJP leader said his party would keep distance from Congress as well as YSR Congress party, as both were involved in corruption and scams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday