TRS chief meets PM; party considering merger, alliance options
New Delhi: TRS chief K Chandrashekhar Rao along with a delegation met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to thank him for getting the Telangana Bill passed in Parliament and also discussed issues related to the new state.
Emerging out of the meeting, TRS leader and MP Manda Jagannath said the "purpose of the visit was first to thank the Prime minister for the initiative".
He said that Rao and other leaders raised issues like shortage of power in Telangana, creation of an AIIMS like institution in the state, gas allocation and also sought the central government`s help in maintaining the world class image of Hyderabad city.
"Any merger or alliance (between TRS and Congress) will take place in due time depending on the issues discussed and agreement reached," Jagannath said.
However, former MP and TRS leader B Vinod Kumar said that talks were on between Congress and his party on whether there should be a merger or an alliance and added that both options were being considered.
"If both of us come to a conclusion that it would be better for us to merge so that we can develop Telangana, so okay it is not a problem. But as the elections are heading shortly we thought we can have an alliance now, Congress and TRS and after elections we can think on those subjects," Vinod Kumar said.
He said that a sizeable section of cadre of the TRS felt that the party should enter an alliance and not merge. He added that the party wanted K Chandrashekhar Rao to be at the helm of affairs and lead the development of the new state.
The TRS chief had yesterday met Rahul Gandhi. On Sunday, he had held consultations with Congress President Sonia Gandhi following the passage of Telangana bill in Parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly