TRS chief should get Telangana state or quit politics: BJP
Hyderabad: Ridiculing the statement of TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao that Telangana would be formed within the next three months, BJP state spokesperson NVSS Prabhakar on Thursday challenged him to facilitate Telangana state in three months or quit political life.
Alleging that Chandrasekhar Rao had been making false statements by announcing deadlines now and then during the last 11 years, Prabhakar said, the TRS chief was deceiving the people of the region by making "false claims".
On one side, Rao keeps harping on a separate Telangana state while on the other side, his party has a tacit electoral understanding with YSR Congress party in Parkal Assembly constituency inspite of fielding its candidate, he alleged.
To a query on the decision of Telangana Joint Action Committee (TJAC) to support TRS, Prabhakar said, the TJAC has lost its credibility by taking the decision. It should have adopted a neutral stand when two parties fighting for separate statehood for Telangana were contesting election for Parkal seat, he said.
He appealed the Parkal voters to "teach a lesson" to TRS by extending support to the BJP candidate.
Bypoll for Parkal Assembly constituency in Warangal district of Telangana region would be held along with 17 other Assembly seats and a Lok Sabha seat (in Andhra region) on June 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees