TRS chief should get Telangana state or quit politics: BJP
Hyderabad: Ridiculing the statement of TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao that Telangana would be formed within the next three months, BJP state spokesperson NVSS Prabhakar on Thursday challenged him to facilitate Telangana state in three months or quit political life.
Alleging that Chandrasekhar Rao had been making false statements by announcing deadlines now and then during the last 11 years, Prabhakar said, the TRS chief was deceiving the people of the region by making "false claims".
On one side, Rao keeps harping on a separate Telangana state while on the other side, his party has a tacit electoral understanding with YSR Congress party in Parkal Assembly constituency inspite of fielding its candidate, he alleged.
To a query on the decision of Telangana Joint Action Committee (TJAC) to support TRS, Prabhakar said, the TJAC has lost its credibility by taking the decision. It should have adopted a neutral stand when two parties fighting for separate statehood for Telangana were contesting election for Parkal seat, he said.
He appealed the Parkal voters to "teach a lesson" to TRS by extending support to the BJP candidate.
Bypoll for Parkal Assembly constituency in Warangal district of Telangana region would be held along with 17 other Assembly seats and a Lok Sabha seat (in Andhra region) on June 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air