TRS chief to represent party at Telangana meet in Delhi
Hyderabad: TRS would be represented in the all-party meeting convened by Centre on December 28 to discuss the Telangana issue by its president K Chandrasekhar Rao and another senior leader.
Chandrasekhar Rao and former MLA Nayani Narasimha Reddy would attend the meeting on December 28, TRS sources said here on Tuesday.
The TRS president had earlier asked Telangana Joint Action Committee (JAC) Chairman M Kodandaram to join him for the meeting.
However, the members of JAC had reportedly felt it is not proper for its chairman to attend the meet on behalf of one party as the body was supposed to be inclusive of various sides.
The Union Ministry of Home Affairs had invited two representatives from each party for the meeting on December 28 to discuss the contentious Telangana issue.
The invite was sent to the ruling Congress, main opposition Telugu Desam, TRS, Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party (YSRCP), BJP, CPI, CPI(M) and Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM).
The previous two meetings of recognised political parties of AP convened by the Centre were unsuccessful in resolving the issue due to lack of consensus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice