`TRS chief using Telangana cause for own benefit`
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party chief N
Chandrababu Naidu on Friday said the people of Telangana have
realised that their "sentiment" for the separate state has
been "exploited" by TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao and his
family for political gain.
"I don`t say there is no sentiment for Telangana. But
it is a single person and a single family that are exploiting
the sentiment for their own benefit. People started realising
it," Chandrababu said lashing out at Telangana Rashtra Samiti
president K Chandrasekhar Rao.
The TDP chief, who completed his campaign for March 18
by-elections in six constituencies in Telangana, told a press
conference here this afternoon that there was no link to the
statehood demand and the bypolls. "Telangana state will not
come into being because of by-elections," he said.
People of the region started pondering how they were
losing out because of the turmoil caused in the name of the
statehood agitation. "Common people and government employees
were the worst sufferers because of the agitation while KCR
and his family made a killing.
People also started realising
how the inept and corrupt Congress government was playing
havoc," the Leader of Opposition observed.
Chandrababu said there was "tremendous response" to
his road shows and public meetings in the six constituencies
"Teenagers, youths, women and farmers turned up in
large numbers to cheer us on. The bypoll results will be
positive for us," he said while refusing to give exact number
of seats his party would win.
"I never talk about numbers," he said.
Replying to questions on the party`s choice of
candidates for the two Rajya Sabha seats it could win, the
former chief minister said he was weighing various factors and
would take a final call after discussing with party leaders.
"Those who have been working tirelessly for the party
for years will be rewarded," he said without answering a query
on whether he would spring any surprise candidate like in the
The bypolls will be held for seven constituencies,
namely Kovur, Mahbubnagar, Nagarkurnool, Kamareddy, Kollapur,
Adilabad and Station Ghanpur.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended