`TRS chief using Telangana cause for own benefit`
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party chief N
Chandrababu Naidu on Friday said the people of Telangana have
realised that their "sentiment" for the separate state has
been "exploited" by TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao and his
family for political gain.
"I don`t say there is no sentiment for Telangana. But
it is a single person and a single family that are exploiting
the sentiment for their own benefit. People started realising
it," Chandrababu said lashing out at Telangana Rashtra Samiti
president K Chandrasekhar Rao.
The TDP chief, who completed his campaign for March 18
by-elections in six constituencies in Telangana, told a press
conference here this afternoon that there was no link to the
statehood demand and the bypolls. "Telangana state will not
come into being because of by-elections," he said.
People of the region started pondering how they were
losing out because of the turmoil caused in the name of the
statehood agitation. "Common people and government employees
were the worst sufferers because of the agitation while KCR
and his family made a killing.
People also started realising
how the inept and corrupt Congress government was playing
havoc," the Leader of Opposition observed.
Chandrababu said there was "tremendous response" to
his road shows and public meetings in the six constituencies
"Teenagers, youths, women and farmers turned up in
large numbers to cheer us on. The bypoll results will be
positive for us," he said while refusing to give exact number
of seats his party would win.
"I never talk about numbers," he said.
Replying to questions on the party`s choice of
candidates for the two Rajya Sabha seats it could win, the
former chief minister said he was weighing various factors and
would take a final call after discussing with party leaders.
"Those who have been working tirelessly for the party
for years will be rewarded," he said without answering a query
on whether he would spring any surprise candidate like in the
The bypolls will be held for seven constituencies,
namely Kovur, Mahbubnagar, Nagarkurnool, Kamareddy, Kollapur,
Adilabad and Station Ghanpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'