TRS demands all-party meeting on Babhli barrage issue
Hyderabad: The TRS on Sunday demanded that the Andhra Pradesh government convene an all-party meeting to discuss the Supreme Court`s order that cleared the construction of Babhli barrage by Maharashtra.
Addressing a gathering here, TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao demanded that the state government also send a delegation to Delhi, if necessary, to present its case before the Centre.
Last week, the Supreme Court had rejected the plea of Andhra Pradesh government against the construction of Babhli barrage on the Godavari River by Maharashtra.
Opposition parties in Andhra Pradesh have termed the SC decision as a setback to the Telangana region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre