TRS demands all-party meeting on Babhli barrage issue
Hyderabad: The TRS on Sunday demanded that the Andhra Pradesh government convene an all-party meeting to discuss the Supreme Court`s order that cleared the construction of Babhli barrage by Maharashtra.
Addressing a gathering here, TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao demanded that the state government also send a delegation to Delhi, if necessary, to present its case before the Centre.
Last week, the Supreme Court had rejected the plea of Andhra Pradesh government against the construction of Babhli barrage on the Godavari River by Maharashtra.
Opposition parties in Andhra Pradesh have termed the SC decision as a setback to the Telangana region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'