TRS demands all-party meeting on Babhli barrage issue
Hyderabad: The TRS on Sunday demanded that the Andhra Pradesh government convene an all-party meeting to discuss the Supreme Court`s order that cleared the construction of Babhli barrage by Maharashtra.
Addressing a gathering here, TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao demanded that the state government also send a delegation to Delhi, if necessary, to present its case before the Centre.
Last week, the Supreme Court had rejected the plea of Andhra Pradesh government against the construction of Babhli barrage on the Godavari River by Maharashtra.
Opposition parties in Andhra Pradesh have termed the SC decision as a setback to the Telangana region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Triple talaq issue to be examined on touchstone of Constitutional framework: SC
- Political parties in Goa encourage sex tourism: Kejriwal
- Brazilian striker Hulk to join Chinese club Shanghai SIPG in a record USD 60 million deal
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' to join forces with Salman Khan's 'Sultan'? - Know how
- Donald Trump is not speaking for broad base of the country: Barack Obama