TRS demands all-party meeting on Babhli barrage issue
Hyderabad: The TRS on Sunday demanded that the Andhra Pradesh government convene an all-party meeting to discuss the Supreme Court`s order that cleared the construction of Babhli barrage by Maharashtra.
Addressing a gathering here, TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao demanded that the state government also send a delegation to Delhi, if necessary, to present its case before the Centre.
Last week, the Supreme Court had rejected the plea of Andhra Pradesh government against the construction of Babhli barrage on the Godavari River by Maharashtra.
Opposition parties in Andhra Pradesh have termed the SC decision as a setback to the Telangana region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH