TRS disrupts Andhra Governor`s address to legislature
Hyderabad: The Budget Session of the Andhra Pradesh state legislature began on Wednesday on a stormy note with the opposition Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) disrupting state Governor ESL Narasimhan`s address to the joint session of both Houses.
Raising slogans of "Jai Telangana", the TRS legislators tore papers of the Governor`s speech and threw them at him. The Governor`s security personnel stood as a shield, protecting him from the papers flung at him.
Noisy scenes were witnessed the moment the Governor began his address. TRS members shouted: "Jai Telangana!" and "Governor go back!" They were joined by members of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
The TRS alleged that the Governor was trying to stall the formation of a separate Telangana state. Unfazed by the slogan shouting, the Governor rushed through his prepared text.
After completing his speech, the Governor, sporting a smile, greeted all the members with folded hands.
Main opposition Telugu Desam Party (TDP), Communist Party of India (CPI) and Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) boycotted the Governor`s address, terming the speech a "pack of lies".
The TDP legislators reached the Assembly with lanterns and empty pots to protest the government`s failure to overcome shortage of electricity and drinking water.
In 2011 too, the Governor was heckled by TRS and some TDP members from Telangana during his address on the first day of the Budget Session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now