TRS `favours` mid-term polls
Hyderabad: With doubts being expressed over the stability of the Congress government in Andhra Pradesh, TRS today appeared to be favouring mid-term polls.
Former TRS MP B Vinod Kumar told reporters here that Telugu Desam chief N Chandrababu Naidu should take the lead to move a no-confidence motion against the Kiran Kumar Reddy government.
"As per the Constitution, it is the main Opposition which has to take the lead. On our part, we have been saying that this government is in minority and has no sanctity. We say this government has no moral right to continue in office," he said.
Stating that it is the duty of the main Opposition party to "decide if the government had majority or not", he alleged that Naidu is neglecting that responsibility.
The TRS leader, however, said his party is not demanding the TDP to move a no-confidence motion.
Asked what the TRS would do if a no-confidence motion is moved, he said the party would take a collective decision in such a situation.
The former MP`s comments that the TRS would keep its option open is bad news for the ruling Congress as the Telangana party was expected to bail out the government, along with Chiranjeevi`s Praja Rajyam and city-based Majlis Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM), in the event of the government facing no-confidence motion.
TRS has 11 MLAs in the 294-member Assembly.
Asked if his party favoured mid-term polls, Vinod Kumar said the party is not concerned about mid-term polls but want Telangana.
TRS is expected to win in Telangana, riding on pro-Telangana sentiment, if elections are held.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Indian Premier League overdose? This is what BCCI intends to do in September
- 'CashEnglish' app rewards users with real cash
- Oh boy! Some cool tips for men's styling
- Superstar Mohanlal wants CM Vijayan to tackle Kerala's 'biggest terror', here is what he said
- Brexit fears: Asia markets collapse as Britain looks set to leave EU