TRS flays Centre over Telangana meet invitation
Hyderabad: TRS on Wednesday took exception to the Centre inviting two representatives from each party to attend the all-party meeting convened on December 28 to discuss the Telangana statehood issue.
"Congress has exposed its unethical attitude by inviting two representatives from each party for the all-party meeting," TRS MLA and party President K Chandrasekhar Rao`s son K T Rama Rao said.
The Centre has sent letters to the recognised parties in Andhra Pradesh -- Congress, BJP, CPI, CPI(M), Telugu Desam, Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS), YSR Congress Party (YSRCP), Majlis Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) and Lok Satta -- requesting them to attend the meeting in New Delhi.
The letter, sent by an Additional Secretary in the Union Home Ministry, requested the party Presidents to nominate two representatives to the meet, BJP sources said.
TRS feels it`s not proper to invite two representatives from each party as they may present divergent views on regional lines like it happened in the past.
Seeking to mount pressure on the major parties in the state, the TRS leader demanded that TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu, State Congress President Botsa Satyanarayana and YSRCP Honorary President Y S Vijayamma attend the meeting themselves and specify their stance on the contentious issue.
TRS alleges these parties are playing opportunistic politics by actually not supporting the separate state demand though they say they are not against it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj