TRS leader files complaint against Sonia Gandhi
Karimnagar: A Telangana Rashtra Samiti leader has filed a police complaint against Congress president and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, at the One Town police station here on Wednesday.
TRS leader Sardar Ravinder Singh filed the complaint alleging that the UPA chairperson had assured formation of Telangana during the General elections of 2004 and 2009, but did not keep her word, One Town circle inspector V Surender told PTI.
The complainant alleged that in her public meeting at Karimnagar, Gandhi had promised to announce Telangana and due to the state not being formed, more than 800 committed suicide.
He alleged that the Congress election manifesto had promised Telengana, but Gandhi`s inaction led to suicides.
The complainant also requested the police to register a case against her and take action against her.
However, the circle inspector said that the complaint has been sent to the public prosecutor for his opinion.
The police will act on it soon after receiving his opinion, he said.
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger? - Part III
- DNA: Development in India is non-existent when people are dying of thirst and hunger
- DNA: Millions of tonnes of grains in warehouses go to waste while people die of hunger
- DNA: Analysis of how issues of importance are given no leverage in Parliament
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note
- AgustaWestland probe will focus on names in Italy court judgement, says Manohar Parrikar
- Goa MLA Atanasio Monserrate booked for raping minor
- Kasich dropping out of US presidential race: Report
- Indian woman wins gender discrimination case against Wipro in Britain