TRS leader files complaint against Sonia Gandhi
Karimnagar: A Telangana Rashtra Samiti leader has filed a police complaint against Congress president and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, at the One Town police station here on Wednesday.
TRS leader Sardar Ravinder Singh filed the complaint alleging that the UPA chairperson had assured formation of Telangana during the General elections of 2004 and 2009, but did not keep her word, One Town circle inspector V Surender told PTI.
The complainant alleged that in her public meeting at Karimnagar, Gandhi had promised to announce Telangana and due to the state not being formed, more than 800 committed suicide.
He alleged that the Congress election manifesto had promised Telengana, but Gandhi`s inaction led to suicides.
The complainant also requested the police to register a case against her and take action against her.
However, the circle inspector said that the complaint has been sent to the public prosecutor for his opinion.
The police will act on it soon after receiving his opinion, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?