TRS leader files complaint against Sonia Gandhi
Karimnagar: A Telangana Rashtra Samiti leader has filed a police complaint against Congress president and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, at the One Town police station here on Wednesday.
TRS leader Sardar Ravinder Singh filed the complaint alleging that the UPA chairperson had assured formation of Telangana during the General elections of 2004 and 2009, but did not keep her word, One Town circle inspector V Surender told PTI.
The complainant alleged that in her public meeting at Karimnagar, Gandhi had promised to announce Telangana and due to the state not being formed, more than 800 committed suicide.
He alleged that the Congress election manifesto had promised Telengana, but Gandhi`s inaction led to suicides.
The complainant also requested the police to register a case against her and take action against her.
However, the circle inspector said that the complaint has been sent to the public prosecutor for his opinion.
The police will act on it soon after receiving his opinion, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video