TRS leader files complaint against Sonia Gandhi
Karimnagar: A Telangana Rashtra Samiti leader has filed a police complaint against Congress president and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi, at the One Town police station here on Wednesday.
TRS leader Sardar Ravinder Singh filed the complaint alleging that the UPA chairperson had assured formation of Telangana during the General elections of 2004 and 2009, but did not keep her word, One Town circle inspector V Surender told PTI.
The complainant alleged that in her public meeting at Karimnagar, Gandhi had promised to announce Telangana and due to the state not being formed, more than 800 committed suicide.
He alleged that the Congress election manifesto had promised Telengana, but Gandhi`s inaction led to suicides.
The complainant also requested the police to register a case against her and take action against her.
However, the circle inspector said that the complaint has been sent to the public prosecutor for his opinion.
The police will act on it soon after receiving his opinion, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video