TRS legislators send resignations to Speaker
Hyderabad: Seeking to mount pressure on
the ruling Congress and opposition TDP over Telangana issue, TRS legislators Monday faxed their resignation letters to the
Andhra Pradesh Assembly Speaker even as the latter had
rejected it earlier.
TRS has 11 MLAs in the 294-member AP Assembly.
According to TRS sources, the MLAs have faxed their
resignations again, two days after Speaker N Manohar rejected
the en masse resignations of the Telangana legislators.
The Speaker had rejected the mass resignations,
numbering 100, of Telangana MLAs cutting across party lines on
Saturday last on the ground that they were submitted in a fit
Terming the Speaker`s decision as "undemocratic", TRS
president K Chandrasekhara Rao had announced that his party
MLAs would quit their posts again.
The TRS move is likely to put some pressure on the
Congress and TDP MLAs to follow their suit.
The TDP legislators have already expressed their
readiness to resign again, while their Congress counterparts
have said they will announce their decision in Delhi today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!