TRS legislators send resignations to Speaker
Hyderabad: Seeking to mount pressure on
the ruling Congress and opposition TDP over Telangana issue, TRS legislators Monday faxed their resignation letters to the
Andhra Pradesh Assembly Speaker even as the latter had
rejected it earlier.
TRS has 11 MLAs in the 294-member AP Assembly.
According to TRS sources, the MLAs have faxed their
resignations again, two days after Speaker N Manohar rejected
the en masse resignations of the Telangana legislators.
The Speaker had rejected the mass resignations,
numbering 100, of Telangana MLAs cutting across party lines on
Saturday last on the ground that they were submitted in a fit
Terming the Speaker`s decision as "undemocratic", TRS
president K Chandrasekhara Rao had announced that his party
MLAs would quit their posts again.
The TRS move is likely to put some pressure on the
Congress and TDP MLAs to follow their suit.
The TDP legislators have already expressed their
readiness to resign again, while their Congress counterparts
have said they will announce their decision in Delhi today.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India