TRS legislators send resignations to Speaker
Hyderabad: Seeking to mount pressure on
the ruling Congress and opposition TDP over Telangana issue, TRS legislators Monday faxed their resignation letters to the
Andhra Pradesh Assembly Speaker even as the latter had
rejected it earlier.
TRS has 11 MLAs in the 294-member AP Assembly.
According to TRS sources, the MLAs have faxed their
resignations again, two days after Speaker N Manohar rejected
the en masse resignations of the Telangana legislators.
The Speaker had rejected the mass resignations,
numbering 100, of Telangana MLAs cutting across party lines on
Saturday last on the ground that they were submitted in a fit
Terming the Speaker`s decision as "undemocratic", TRS
president K Chandrasekhara Rao had announced that his party
MLAs would quit their posts again.
The TRS move is likely to put some pressure on the
Congress and TDP MLAs to follow their suit.
The TDP legislators have already expressed their
readiness to resign again, while their Congress counterparts
have said they will announce their decision in Delhi today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok