TRS legislators send resignations to Speaker
Hyderabad: Seeking to mount pressure on
the ruling Congress and opposition TDP over Telangana issue, TRS legislators Monday faxed their resignation letters to the
Andhra Pradesh Assembly Speaker even as the latter had
rejected it earlier.
TRS has 11 MLAs in the 294-member AP Assembly.
According to TRS sources, the MLAs have faxed their
resignations again, two days after Speaker N Manohar rejected
the en masse resignations of the Telangana legislators.
The Speaker had rejected the mass resignations,
numbering 100, of Telangana MLAs cutting across party lines on
Saturday last on the ground that they were submitted in a fit
Terming the Speaker`s decision as "undemocratic", TRS
president K Chandrasekhara Rao had announced that his party
MLAs would quit their posts again.
The TRS move is likely to put some pressure on the
Congress and TDP MLAs to follow their suit.
The TDP legislators have already expressed their
readiness to resign again, while their Congress counterparts
have said they will announce their decision in Delhi today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan
- Landslides close Jammu-Srinagar highway; Amarnath Yatra suspended
- Italian leaders vow to prevent terrorist attacks
- UN chief voices concern over Turkey situation
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic