TRS legislators suspended from Andhra Pradesh Assembly
Hyderabad: Opposition Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) legislators were on Monday suspended from the Andhra Pradesh state Assembly for one day for stalling the proceedings of the house.
Fifteen TRS members present in the house were suspended by speaker N Manohar after roads and buildings minister Dharmana Prasada Rao moved a motion.
As the members refused to leave the house, the speaker called in marshals, who bodily lifted them out.
The TRS members, including their leader E Rajender, were suspended minutes before finance minister Anam Ramnarayan Reddy was to present the state budget for 2013-14.
Protesting the TRS members` suspension, the Communist Party of India (CPI) and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) staged a walk out.
Earlier, the speaker adjourned the house for an hour as TRS continued to stall the proceedings, demanding that a resolution be passed, urging the centre to carve out a separate Telangana state.
When the house re-assembled, the TRS members continued their protest near the speaker`s podium, raising pro-Telangana slogans. As the speaker`s appeals to resume the seats fell on deaf ears, he asked the government to move the motion.
The assembly was adjourned without any business being conducted on April 14 and 16 because of the TRS protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note