TRS legislators suspended from Andhra Pradesh Assembly
Hyderabad: Opposition Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) legislators were on Monday suspended from the Andhra Pradesh state Assembly for one day for stalling the proceedings of the house.
Fifteen TRS members present in the house were suspended by speaker N Manohar after roads and buildings minister Dharmana Prasada Rao moved a motion.
As the members refused to leave the house, the speaker called in marshals, who bodily lifted them out.
The TRS members, including their leader E Rajender, were suspended minutes before finance minister Anam Ramnarayan Reddy was to present the state budget for 2013-14.
Protesting the TRS members` suspension, the Communist Party of India (CPI) and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) staged a walk out.
Earlier, the speaker adjourned the house for an hour as TRS continued to stall the proceedings, demanding that a resolution be passed, urging the centre to carve out a separate Telangana state.
When the house re-assembled, the TRS members continued their protest near the speaker`s podium, raising pro-Telangana slogans. As the speaker`s appeals to resume the seats fell on deaf ears, he asked the government to move the motion.
The assembly was adjourned without any business being conducted on April 14 and 16 because of the TRS protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM