TRS out with its second list of candidates for state, LS polls
Hyderabad: The Telangana Rashtra Samiti on Saturday announced its second list with seven candidates for Lok Sabha and four for Assembly even as other parties are yet to conclude their seat-sharing arrangements.
Already four days have elapsed since notification for the April 30 elections to 119 Assembly and 17 Lok Sabha seats in Telangana was issued.
The TRS, which announced it would go to polls alone, announced 69 candidates yesterday.
Today, it allotted Lok Sabha tickets to a sitting MP and two former MPs besides four others.
Congress MP Manda Jagannadham, who defected to the TRS a few months ago, has been re-nominated for the Nagarkurnool (SC) seat in Mahbubnagar district.
TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao, who will be contesting for the Assembly from Gajwel, parted with his Mahbubnagar Lok Sabha to former MP AP Jithender Reddy. Jithender represented the same seat in 1999 as a BJP candidate.
TRS` former MP B Vinod Kumar, who lost the 2009 polls from Karimnagar, is being fielded from the same constituency now. Former minister Kadiyam Srihari, who switched over from TDP, is being fielded from Warangal (SC) seat.
Industrialist Konda Visweswar Reddy has been given the Chevella seat while Palla Rajeswar Reddy and B Narsaiah Goud are being fielded from Nalgonda and Bhuvanagiri constituencies.
Bajireddy Govardhan, who joined TRS yesterday on quitting the YSR Congress, has been given the Nizamabad Rural Assembly ticket. The TRS also announced its candidates for Malkajgiri, Shadnagar and Kodada segments as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!