TRS puts off crucial meeting to discuss election strategy
Hyderabad: Amidst mounting suspense on whether it would merge with the Congress or forge an electoral alliance, the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS) postponed its crucial politburo joint meeting, which was scheduled for tomorrow, primarily to discuss its election strategy.
The decision to defer the meeting, the first after the Parliament passed the Telangana Bill, to March 3 was taken, since "tomorrow is `Amavasya` (considered inauspicious)," TRS sources said here on Friday.
The idea of the two parties joining forces together appears to have run into rough weather with the regional outfit taking exception to the Congress allegedly wooing TRS leaders into its fold.
TRS MLA G Aravind Reddy and expelled TRS MP Vijayashanti joined the Congress in Delhi during the weekend.
"On one hand, they (Congress) say we should work together and KCR (TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao) should stick to his word, but on the other hand, they indulge in these actions. Is this the way someone who wants to work together acts? Our workers have expressed dissatisfaction," TRS Deputy Floor leader in the Assembly T Harish Rao said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27