TRS reacts angrily to Azad`s statement on Telangana statehood
Hyderabad: Reacting to Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad`s recent statement that a decision on the Telangana statehood issue would not be taken in a hurry, Telangana Rashtra Samiti president K Chandrasekhar Rao remarked that "We expected a statement from Azad beforehand".
In a telephonic message to reporters late tonight, Rao, popularly known as KCR, recalled that they had termed the all-party meeting convened by the union home minister on December 28 as a "futile exercise".
"We said that the all-party meet is useless. In fact, we had registered our protest after that meeting. Azad`s statements proved we were right," KCR pointed out.
He called upon Congress leaders from Telangana to come out of the Congress` "poisonous embrace" and join hands with the TRS to carry the statehood struggle forward.
TRS MLA T Harish Rao demanded that all ministers from the region quit their posts at once, since the Congress has "ditched" the people of Telangana once again.
Talking to reporters separately, TRS politburo member Sravan said that Azad`s remarks merely exposed the "casual attitude" of the Congress towards the Telangana issue.
"We will wait until January 28 for a decision on Telangana, as promised by the Centre. If there is no decision, we will intensify our agitation," Sravan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam