TRS rules out accepting Hyderabad a UT or joint capital
Hyderabad: TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao on Sunday voiced his opposition to to any proposal making Hyderabad a permanent joint capital of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh or a Union Territory.
Rao said the administration of Hyderabad should be run by the Telangana government.
"TRS would have no objection if the new Andhra Pradesh government runs its administration from Hyderabad till a capital with necessary infrastructure is built, but the administration of Hyderabad should be run by the Telangana government," he said.
The TRS president was speaking at a meet the press programme organised by the Telangana Journalists Forum.
While giving its nod to the creation of Telangana state out of Andhra Pradesh last week, the Congress Working Committee(CWC) has proposed that Hyderabad will be the joint capital of the newly-proposed state and the other regions--Rayalaseema and Andhra--for a period of 10 years.
With no major city in the Rayalaseema and coastal Andhra regions having the necessary infrastructure to be the capital of the new Andhra Pradesh state, some leaders from the two regions have favoured making Hyderabad a UT or permanent capital of the two states.
KCR also denied having made remarks that employees from Andhra have no option but to go back to their native region post-bifurcation that caused a furore.
"Who asked you to go? You will do your administration. You run (administration) for 10 years (as said by Congress). You retire here and buy a flat and be here. We have no objection. We never curse people. We only curse people who curse people," he said.
He, however, alleged that Telangana has suffered a lot in terms of jobs, availability of water among other things in a united Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you