TRS rules out alliance with Cong for upcoming LS, state polls
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samiti President K Chandrasekhar Rao on Saturday categorically ruled out any electoral alliance with the Congress in the forthcoming Lok Sabha and state Assembly elections.
"They say KCR betrayed them but what was the betrayal," he questioned, referring to remarks made by AICC General Secretary Digvijaya Singh on TRS` refusal to merge with the Congress after the creation of Telangana.
Addressing his party workers at the Telangana Bhavan here this afternoon, Rao pointed out that they had proposed merger of TRS with Congress to secure statehood for the region and "prevent suicides by hundreds of youth".
"But now, people are against our merger and hence we are going by their wish," he said.
He alleged that many of those who committed suicide for a separate state had blamed the Congress for their act.
"Now, the Congress has started a drama saying it will give tickets to kin of those victims in the coming elections," he alleged.
Dismissing the possibility of an electoral alliance with Congress, Rao said, "Let`s see from tomorrow if TRS MLAs will join the Congress or the reverse will happen."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back