TRS rules out alliance with Cong for upcoming LS, state polls
Hyderabad: Telangana Rashtra Samiti President K Chandrasekhar Rao on Saturday categorically ruled out any electoral alliance with the Congress in the forthcoming Lok Sabha and state Assembly elections.
"They say KCR betrayed them but what was the betrayal," he questioned, referring to remarks made by AICC General Secretary Digvijaya Singh on TRS` refusal to merge with the Congress after the creation of Telangana.
Addressing his party workers at the Telangana Bhavan here this afternoon, Rao pointed out that they had proposed merger of TRS with Congress to secure statehood for the region and "prevent suicides by hundreds of youth".
"But now, people are against our merger and hence we are going by their wish," he said.
He alleged that many of those who committed suicide for a separate state had blamed the Congress for their act.
"Now, the Congress has started a drama saying it will give tickets to kin of those victims in the coming elections," he alleged.
Dismissing the possibility of an electoral alliance with Congress, Rao said, "Let`s see from tomorrow if TRS MLAs will join the Congress or the reverse will happen."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand