TRS says Telangana statehood stir to be intensified
Hyderabad: The separate Telangana agitation would be intensified soon if the Centre failed to accept the statehood demand, TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao warned on Tuesday.
Rao had been claiming that he got an assurance from "Central leaders" for formation of separate Telangana, possibly after the Vice-Presidential election (which concluded on August 7).
"If they give Telangana, fine. Otherwise, we will fight the war. There is no debate in this," he said, addressing a gathering here.
The former Union Minister indicated that his party would wait for another four days before kicking off the statehood agitation in a big way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional